Rosedale Playschool is a parent-assisted playschool.
Our staff consists of our wonderful teachers, who are responsible for overseeing the development of our children. All other aspects of the school are volunteer run, including such thing as the website, maintenance, finances, and the Board that is elected annually by the playschool community.
Volunteering with the playschool gives you a great opportunity to observe your child’s development first-hand and allow the playschool to meet licensing requirements, while keeping fees to a minimum.
As part of the Playschool community, we ask that all parents meet the following simple responsibilities:
- Fulfill your Volunteer Roles: We require all families to volunteer in two ways:
- Volunteer Roles: All parents are required to sign up for a volunteer position to help in the smooth operation of the school. Please contact the Teachers or the Volunteer Coordinator if you need to be assigned a volunteer role or do not know your responsibilities.
- Lucky Duck Days: Parents are required to volunteer in the classroom (“Lucky Duck” Parent Help Day) approximately 4-6 times per year. Please find more information on the Lucky Duck Days page.
- Submit a Criminal Record Check: It is the responsibility of the parent to get a criminal record check done for whom will be fulfilling the lucky duck volunteer role (whether it is yourself, a caretaker, grandparent, auntie or uncle). You must have submitted a criminal record check in order to volunteer in the classroom.
- Pay Your Fees On Time: It is the responsibility of each family to ensure that the Playschool fees are paid in full before the beginning of each month. Should an NSF cheque occur, it is expected that cheque will be replaced immediately, and there will be an additional $25.00 fee to cover our expenses in this regard.
- Allergies and Medical Concerns: If your child has any allergies or other medical conditions, please discuss thoroughly with the teacher.
- Collect Artwork: It is the responsibility of the parent and child to pick up artwork at the end of the class. We have no facilities for storing or keeping any artwork, except some specific multi-day projects.
- Stay Informed: It is the responsibility of each parent to keep informed by reading the Storypark and Playschool Emails as well as the parent bulletin board in the coast room. Some of the items you may find on that board include:
- Playschool Insurance Procedures
- Fire Drill Procedures
- Medical Emergency Procedures
- Parent Help (“Lucky Duck”) Schedules
- Minutes from Executive Meetings and General Meetings. (Executive meetings are open to the General membership. If you wish to attend any, please contact the vice-president for details.)
- Playschool Newsletter
- Agendas for upcoming meetings
- Information on special events, etc.
Rosedale Playschool is a community-centered program that celebrates parent involvement.
Each family chooses a volunteer role at registration that helps maintain the program and supports the students and teachers. There are many roles and committees that touch on everyone’s interests or areas of expertise.
Your assigned volunteer position is important to the smooth functioning of the playschool. Please ensure that you:
1. are fully aware of and understand the requirements of your position.
2. are able to meet and fulfill these outlined responsibilities.
3. make arrangements with the Volunteer Coordinator if you feel unable to meet your commitment or require a reassignment of responsibilities.
Here is the list of potential volunteer positions below. Though each year positions do evolve and change.
|Purchaser (General Supplies)|
|Family Photos Day|
|Lucky Duck Coordinators|
|Parent Social and Silent Auction Fundraiser Committee|
|Year End Clean Up|
|Board Assistant – Registration|
|Board Assistant – Advisor|
|Board Member (President, Vice President, Registrar, Treasurer, Volunteer Coordinator, Community and Church Liaison, Secretary)|
To view the Description of Parent Volunteer Roles, click the download button below.